When I travel, I am happy with the reality that I am with family and/or friends, and we will share lots of wonderful memories together in a different place. That’s why I only have very few musts – must see, must eat, must buy – the rest of the trip, I happily go with the flow, go where my family or friends wish to go or what they wish to do.
For my recent trip to Europe, my dream destination, I’ve been listing my musts even before I bought the ticket for it, that’s why when it’s already actually happening, my list came in (so) handy. 🙂
I posted this list in my previous post, I was able to do 12 out of 19. I am very happy because the 7 things which I wasn’t able to do were replaced by 77++ more beautiful experiences (trip to Bellagio, Lake Como / Lugano, Switzerland / Brussels & Gent in Belgium) which I wouldn’t trade for anything else. 😀
- Eiffel Tower – ✔
- Eat macarons at
LadureePierre Herme – ✔
- Coffee at pavement cafes (done in Italy) – ✔
- Buy Little Prince hardbound book – ✔ not in Paris, but in Notting Hill, London
- Pasta, pizza & gelato! – ✔✔✔
- Leaning tower of Piza – ✔✔✔ Kim and I even climbed up the Pisa and we were stunned by the gorgeous view from the top!
- Colosseum – ✔✔ We saw it both day time and night time, in both times, absolutely picturesque, right Caye? 🙂
- Buy leather bag in
FlorenceSan Gimignano – ✔ So happy to find a very lovely but not pricey brown leather bag
- Bond with Jel, Jelan & Mariel (and auntie too!)- ✔✔✔ I was happiest in London because I was able to spend time with them, so love them!! ♥♥♥
- Visit Iris, Bong & Kids – ✔✔✔ Happy to catch up with Bong and Iris, such precious time to be with friends 🙂
- Watch a theater play – Miss Saigon – hopefully next time I’ll get to watch this
- Eat at monocle cafe – no more time, maybe next time
- Go to UK landmarks, Notting Hill – ✔✔ Yes! We went to Notting Hill bookstore and the apartment where the character of Hugh Grant lives 🙂 I loved the bookstore so much, if only I have the space on my luggage for those lovely hardbound books…
- Buy twinning teas, ‘after 8’ mint chocolate, Jane Austen’s cloth-bound classic set – nope! hopefully next time!
- Meet Peony Lim 😉 – she was in Miami when I was in London, not meant to be ;P
- Photo op with real peonies – ✔ no photos with peonies but I got to see them in real life (I think in Milan and Rome) So beautiful!!!
- Umbrella park at Bath – nope! next time 🙂
- Get Jane Austen pound coins as souvenir – not available, guess only few were released
- National Gallery via Trafalgar Square- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers in Room – nope, next time, too!
I thank and praise God for the 77++ unfathomable beauty that He showed us and made us experience in this trip. I trust He has much more wonderful things in-store for me. 🙂